Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY), the government’s endeavor to offer quality homes to the citizens of India is being executed in all parts of the country at a steady pace. More than a crore affordable homes have been planned under this housing scheme to be provided to the selected citizens till 2022. The government has approved the development of 79 lakh homes until now to be carried out in urban regions under PMAY. According to the ministry of housing and urban affairs, around 40 percent of the authorized homes have almost been completed across the country under different housing schemes. Accumulated in two categories- PMAY (Urban) and PMAY (Rural), this impressive residential scheme is attracting positive sentiments with lakhs of people already acquiring the advantages of the scheme. The criteria to select the beneficiaries under PMAY in the rural areas is the Social Economic and Caste Census (SECC) 2011.
One can check for their application status under PMAY (Urban) on the internet after applying in either of the following four categories
- In-Situ Rehabilitation- for the citizens who don’t have a pucca home and are residing in slums.
- Beneficiary led constructions- for the citizens who have their own land parcel and needs help for either the construction of a new home or a renovation of the existing one.
- Credit-linked Subsidy Scheme- for the citizens who need a home loan with no interest and belongs to the Economically Weaker Section or Lower and Middle Income Group.
- Affordable housing in partnership- for the citizens who neither owns a land parcel nor afford a home loan.
Procedure to check the PMAY application status-
To track the status of the PMAY application is very convenient and straightforward. Follow the following steps-
- Visit the official website of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna.
- Select the “Citizen Assessment” option.
- Choose the “Track Your Assessment Status” option.
- After reaching on the track assessment form page, you need to select one of the two choices through which you want to check the status- a) Name, ID Type, Father’s name (b) Assessment ID
- If you have chosen the first option then you need to fill the asked details and then you can track your status while in the case of the second option you just need to enter the assessment ID and mobile number to track the application status.
Methods to apply for PMAY-
In order to apply for this ambitious housing scheme by the government, you need to follow one of the following two methods-
When following the manual method you are required to get enlisted at common service centers (CSCs), arranged by the state government by paying a fee of just Rs 25 plus GST. You will have to fill all the required details and when that procedure is done, you will be given an application number.
When following the online method, first you will have to visit the official website of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna. After that, select the “Citizen Assessment” option where you will have to choose either of the given two choices. After selecting the preferred option you are required to fill all the asked details and save them. The granted application number will appear on the screen after you saved the details, note down the application number for further usages.
Disclaimer : The perspectives communicated above are for instructive purposes which are simply dependent on industry outlines and related documents. Per Square Feet does not ensure the exactness, perfection, or the absolute quality of the data and will not be considered in charge of any reaction dependent on the published data.